The MBA (Master of Business Administration) is a postgraduate degree that is awarded to students who have mastered the study of business. The MBA degree is thought to be one of the most prestigious and sought after degrees in the world. Students of MBA programs study the theory and application of business and management principles. This type of study equips students with knowledge that can be applied to a variety of real world business situations.
M. Com – Master in Commerce
M.Com will help graduates after B.Com to develop in-depth knowledge in areas like accounting, finance, etc. With a degree in M.Com, students will be able to find employment as qualified accountants. M Com programme is less expensive as compared to MBA and many of the companies prefer M Com candidates to MBA.
MBA vs M Com
- Very costly
- Not in depth knowledge in finance and Accounting
- Can easily enter in to the managerial positions after the completion of the course.
- Students from any stream can choose
- Less expensive
- In depth knowledge in finance and Accounting.
- Will require a good amount of experience to back them as and when they take up managerial positions.
- Only B Com/BBA/BBM students are eligible to do this course.
MBA Finance and M Com are both exceptional courses. It cannot be said which is better than the other as both the course have its own pros and cons. It is up to each student to decide, which course is better according to their career goal, interest and caliber.
You are the decision maker!
Your attitude is the key factor behind the success or failure of your decision. You are the decision maker and you can’t blame others. So be careful and take a wise decision because you are THE BEST.
Published by: Anosh Paul
Assoc. professor & hod
School of commerce